Sprinkles founder Candace Nelson shares one of her signature recipes
'We could all use some fun, so I'm sharing with you my funfetti cookie recipe. They're buttery, chewy and delicious, and super simple to make'
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp almond extract (optional)
1 large egg, room temperature
½ cup sprinkles
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, beat the melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together until light, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until just combined.
5. Add the sprinkles and turn on the mixer for a few seconds to combine. Do not over mix.
6. Use your hands or a one ounce cookie scoop to scoop the dough two inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the cookies are set on the edges, puffed up and crinkled, but are still gooey in the middle. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tips for making the best sugar cookies every time
1. Don't over mix. This can cause the sprinkles to bleed and break up into your batter, and you want to keep them together.
2. Don’t overbake. Take the cookies out of the oven, even if they don’t look done, they will continue to bake as they cool. You want chewy cookie consistency, not hard and dry.