Our ESG programme uses the platforms we’ve built to make a positive impact on the people around us, the lives of our members, and the environment
Our 2030 goals
EnvironmentWe have developed a sustainability programme to reduce the impact of our business on the environment. We’ve set 2030 goals to reduce carbon emissions in our direct operations and supply chain in line with the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement, to promote responsible consumption and divert food and non-food waste from landfills, to minimise environmentally harmful practices in our sites, and to uphold an environmental and ethical standard in our supply chain.
• We increased sites separating food waste by 30%, surpassing our 2022 target and bringing the total to 93% - with Soho House Miami, Chicago, New York, Nashville and Canouan now diverting from landfills
• 97% of sites have recycling programmes in place
• We’re now reporting on Scope 1 and 2 carbon emissions for all sites, a step forward from the UK-only data shared previously. Better data means we can set a baseline and detailed decarbonisation strategy to meet our goals.
SocialPeople are at the heart of everything we do, and as such, our ESG progress to date has had a principal emphasis on social impact.
As a global membership of creatives, we’re committed to using our platform to help people from underrepresented and lower socioeconomic backgrounds into the creative industries, to driving an industry-leading diversity, equity and inclusion programme and supporting the communities around us, through Soho Give.
• 1,200+ young people supported in Soho Mentorship and Soho Fellowship – removing barriers to access the creative industries for those from lower socioeconomic and underrepresented backgrounds
• Increased supplier diversity, we have doubled our spend identified to diverse-owned or led suppliers to 2.4% in 2022, our goal is 15% in 2030
• We set up a global charity, The Soho House Foundation, to fund and empower creatives worldwide