What if I want to cancel my membership?
Do I need my membership card to access the Houses?
What do I do if I lose my membership card?
I’m going away for a few months, can I freeze my membership?
Can I choose when I start my membership?
Are my guests able to use the gyms, saunas and pools?
Is my partner allowed to use my membership?
Does my membership automatically renew?
Your membership renews automatically on an annual rolling basis, subject to Soho House terms and conditions. If you need to update your membership payment method, please log into sohohouse.com and you can make this change under “Your membership”
How do I propose a member?
Can I upgrade my membership?
What if I want to update my payment method for my membership payment?
Can I bring my dog to the Houses?
Am I able to visit other Houses if I'm a Local House member?
If you'd like to visit another House, please speak to your membership manager in advance of your visit and they'll try to accommodate you. If you would like to upgrade to Every House membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is parking available for cars or bikes at the Houses?
Can I visit Little Beach House Malibu?
What if my guests arrive before me?
Can I add more people to my guest list?
Can I get a parcel delivered to the Houses?
What payment options are available?
How can I host a members' event for my brand at one of the Houses?
How do I book a bedroom?
Can I book private events at the Houses?
How do I book a table at the Houses?
Screenings and events
Will event bookings show up in my calendar?
How does the screenings booking system work in the UK?
• This fee will then be redeemable at the cinema bar on the day of the screening when members present their booking confirmation email.
• Screenings go live for booking at midday, one week before the screening date. This has been reduced from the previous two-week booking period in order to give members greater control over their diaries.
• From the point of release, there will be a 24-hour period to register for the screening lottery. This is designed to alleviate a rush to request seats.
• When registering for the lottery, members will be asked to confirm their payment information. This can be the account registered with their membership, or another account. No money is taken at this point.
• Once you’ve registered, you will be notified via email that you are in the lottery.
• At the end of the 24-hour period, the lottery randomly allocates members to the guest list. Allocated members will be notified by email and a fee of £5 per attendee (£3 per attendee for family screenings) will be taken from their registered payment account. Those members who don’t receive a guest list place will not be charged.
• The waiting list for screenings will be capped at a size that corresponds to the room’s capacity. This is to provide greater clarity about available places for each screening.
After the guest list has been determined, a second lottery randomly selects members to be allocated waiting list places, up to the cap.
• Members who receive a waiting list place will be notified by email. No funds will be taken from members on the waiting list.
• If you no longer wish to attend the screening, simply cancel your booking up to 24 hours before the screening and any fees paid will be refunded to your account. Cancellations can be made via the SH.APP or the members’ website.
• Up to 24 hours before a screening, if a member on the guest list cancels their place, a member on the waiting list will be automatically promoted to the guest list. The promoted member will be notified by email and £5 per attendee will be taken from their account.
• The waiting list expires 24 hours before the screening. This is to ensure members are not promoted to the guest list and charged without sufficient time to cancel.
• The guest list closes four hours before the screening starts. Any members who cancel after this period will not be reimbursed their £5 fee.
• At the screening, after members have registered their attendance, they will be able to claim their fee back at the cinema bar by showing their booking confirmation email.
• If you have any issues with the screenings booking process, please drop us an email at email@example.com.
How does the Screening Lottery work?
- Screenings go live at noon, two weeks before the screening date
- From the point of release, there will be a 24-hour period to register for the Screening Lottery. This is designed to alleviate a rush to request seats.
- Once you've registered, you will be notified online and via email that you are in the lottery. This new part of the process will increase the possibility of members securing a seat.
- At the end of the 24-hour period, we will randomly allocate seats for the screening
- Once the lottery has been drawn, members allocated a guest-list spot will be informed by email
- Those who don't receive a place on the guest list will automatically receive a place on the waiting list. The waiting list will comprise all members who registered their interest, but were unsuccessful in the draw.
- As with the existing process, emails will be sent to all members on the guest list 48 hours ahead of the screening asking them to confirm or cancel their seat. If a member does not respond to this email within 24 hours of receiving it, we will presume you don’t want to come and your place will be cancelled from the guest list.
- If a guest-list spot is cancelled, a member on the waiting list will be promoted. You will be notified by email if this is the case.
- If you have any issues with the Screening Lottery process, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Four hours before each screening is held, we will close the waiting list and confirm all places. If you haven't been notified by this time, it means the screening is now full.
Are members' screenings complimentary?
All members’ screenings outside the UK are complimentary. Members’ screenings in UK sites require a £5 deposit for each allocated seat, which can be redeemed at the cinema bar on the day of the screening. Please arrive on time. If you’re late, we reserve the right to offer your seat to another member.
Can I view events at all my favourite Houses?
How many guests can I bring to an event?
How do I cancel an event or screening?
Do I need to wear a face covering?
Are my guests allowed to come to the gym with me?
Can I bring my own personal trainer to the gym?
How do I cancel a gym class?
You can cancel a class from the event page or within the app's My Bookings section. Gym and House Ride classes must be cancelled at least four hours in advance. If you are attempting to cancel after the cancellation window has expired, the cancel option will not be displayed within the event details and you will need to phone the House directly.
Can I cancel paid-for gym/House Ride classes?
To receive a refund, paid-for gym classes and House Ride sessions must be cancelled at least four hours in advance within the app's My Bookings section, on the event page, or by calling the House direct.
Once the cancellation window has expired, you will only be able to cancel your place by calling your local House directly. You won't be able to cancel via the app or online.
Refunds will only be processed when cancellation is triggered ahead of, or within, the cancellation window, which is four hours before the gym/House Ride class.
What payment methods are accepted?
How do I cancel free gym classes?
Free gym/House Ride classes must be cancelled at least four hours in advance. You can do this via the My Bookings section on the app or by calling the House.
Once the cancellation window has expired, you can only cancel your class by calling your local House directly – you won't be able to cancel via the app.
One month notice is required for any changes to the Soho Active memberships.
Do you offer Child membership at the Houses?
Are children included as part of my guest list?
Is there a waiting list for Child membership?
Do you prioritise siblings of existing Child members if I want to apply for an additional Child membership?
Does Child membership automatically renew?
Can I bring my newborn baby to the Houses?
Can I leave my child at the House?
Can my children access Teeny Barn and the pool at Soho Farmhouse?
Perks and House Notes
Where can I find the Under 27 perks?
I'd like my brand to be part of the House perks offering. How can I get involved?
How can I be featured in House Notes?
What if I need to update my personal details?
To update personal information, such as your address, please get in touch with us using the contact form. If you wish to update your email or phone number, you can do this within the profile section on your account or on the SH.APP.
How can I contact a House?
I need to contact the digital support/membership team. What do I do?
What is House Connect?
How can I book onto a House Connect call?
What if there isn’t any availability for my selected times?
What if I can’t make a call?
How do I join a call?
Can I leave a call early?
How can I provide feedback?
How can I report something on my call?
Who can see my contacts?
Are my calls recorded?
What is House Pay?
House Pay is a feature within the Soho House app to provide members with the ability to pay for food and drink within our Houses. Our aim is to build stronger connections with our members and incorporate frictionless payments as part of your Soho House membership and experience.
How do I set up House Pay?
1. Open your Soho House app. There will be an in-app notification banner asking you to ‘Get Started, Start using House Pay now’
2. You will be asked to accept the House Pay T&Cs.
3. Then asked to add the NFC Soho House Membership Card to your Apple Wallet
4. You will then be asked to add a credit or debit card as your default payment method.
5. You are ready to go.
When can I use House Pay?
House Pay will be coming to a House near you through 2020
What can I use House Pay for?
You can pay for any food and drink that you order in the Soho Houses.
Where can I use House Pay?
Once rolled-out you will be able to use it across all Soho Houses apart from Soho House Mumbai, Istanbul, Toronto and Little Beach House Barcelona.
Can I use House Pay if I don't have my phone with me?
House Pay is an in-app functionality, so you need your phone to open, view and pay your bill.
What happens if I forget to pay my bill?
If you fail to pay your bill, we will settle it using the default payment method on file.
You will then receive a notification confirming that your bill is now closed and receive an e-receipt in the Soho House app.
Can I use different payment methods?
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Can I pay for my House Pay check with my Soho House Member credit?
Yes, you will be able to see your credit balance and can use it to pay for food and drink in the Houses with House Pay. House Pay will not be available at Soho House Istanbul, Soho House Toronto, Little Beach House Barcelona or Soho House Mumbai as part of the initial roll-out. However, we hope to have it available in these Houses in the near future.
For more information, please see the House Credits FAQ Membership credit
Can I split my bill?
When you want to pay, please tell your waiter that you would like to split your bill.
The waiter will take your guest’s/guests’ split of the bill first and then take those amounts off your bill. They will then prompt you to settle the balance of your bill in the app with House Pay.
As the member who opened the bill in your app, you must be the one to settle it.
We are working hard to allow members to split the bill with friends and family through House Pay in the app.
How do I query the bill?
We suggest that you double-check your bill before you pay. If you have any problems, please query it with your waiter. Once your payment is processed through the app, contact the House directly if you have any further queries. (See below for more info)
If you have made a payment using House Pay and need a refund, the refund will be made back to your physical card or via a card over the phone.
Who do I contact if I have a problem with my bill after I have paid?
Can I see my receipt?
Your receipts are stored in the Receipts section in the Account section on your Soho House app. You will be able to send yourself a pdf copy of the receipt to your email. If you require a physical receipt for expenses, please ask your waiter to print you a receipt.
Can I order through House Pay?
You need to order through a member of staff, but you will see all your items once your House Pay tab is open. You need to refresh your bill in the app to see the items appear.
Can I use my physical membership card to open a tab?
Yes, you can use your physical card. However, we recommend presenting your Soho House digital membership, which is stored in your Apple Wallet on your iPhone, to open a tab.
Can I use House Pay on all devices?
House Pay is only available on Apple iPhones for now.