The Weekend Recipe: Green Vegetable Soup
Loaded with nutritious vegetables, this comforting dish is great for a post-holiday detox
Saturday 7 January 2023 By Soho House
There are times when you head to Soho House for a Dirty Burger or Macaroni Cheese, but then there are times that call for flavourful yet healthier dishes, like our Green Vegetable Soup. Are you kicking off the year with nutritional goals or trying Veganuary? Or perhaps you’re simply a fan of a versatile vegetable-packed dish? Well, this soup is anything but boring: a combination of fragrant fennel, filling white beans, crunchy radish and herby salsa verde makes it an unassuming highlight of a home-cooked lunch or dinner.
Green Vegetable Soup
320ml soup base
20g courgettes, cubed
20g sugar snaps, chopped
½ lemon, juiced
20g radish, thinly sliced
12g salsa verde
Soup base (to make a big batch)
300ml extra virgin olive oil
1000g onion, diced
700g celery, diced
500g green pepper, diced
250g spring onion, chopped
40g garlic, minced
700g fennel, diced
5000g cannellini beans
4 bay leaves
6000ml vegetable stock
40g parsley, finely chopped
40g mint, chopped
40g coriander, chopped
40g tarragon, chopped
30ml extra virgin olive oil
1. To make the soup base, sweat the leeks, onion, celery, pepper, fennel, spring onion and garlic in olive oil until al dente.
2. Add the beans, bay leaves and stock, and bring to the boil.
3. Then, lower the heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Season with salt to finish.
4. For the salsa verde, mix all of the ingredients together, cover with olive oil and a pinch of salt, then combine.
5. To make the soup, heat the base with the vegetables and bring to the boil.
6. Squeeze a few drops of lemon in, then remove from the heat.
7. Add the radish and salsa verde, and finish with black pepper.
In need of some more self-care? Use our Mind, Body & Soho offer to get 25% off your bedroom rate on a Soho House spa break.