How to make a Soho Sunset cocktail
Mix our zingy, new tequila-based ‘It’ drink in your own home, your way
Tuesday 18 July 2023 By Soho House Illustration by Josephine Rais
By now, either the Soho Sunset has become your new favourite cocktail, or you’ve heard the rumours, but haven’t stopped at one of our North American Houses to try it yet. If the latter is true, you’ll be pleased to hear that you can create the fragrant drink in your own home and enjoy it any time by following the recipe below.
Citrusy, sweet and smoky, the flavours are complex, but it’s simple to make. Here’s how…
40ml Patrón Reposado
10ml Vida Mezcal
10ml Chinola liqueur
20ml lemon juice
15ml carrot juice
20ml red Thai chilli blood orange syrup (see method below)
Slice of dehydrated blood orange or grapefruit
Sprig of mint
1. Prep a rock glass by rolling half the rim in tajin seasoning.
2. Add all of the ingredients to a shaker with ice and shake thoroughly for eight seconds.
3. Add ice to the glass and pour in the mixture through a strainer.
4. To garnish, add a slice of dehydrated blood orange or grapefruit on top and place a mint sprig in the middle.
Thai chilli blood orange syrup (makes a batch)
1.5l caster sugar
12 barspoons of blood orange dry tea
3 whole Thai chillies, cut in half
1. Add all of the ingredients to a pan and cook for five minutes until the mixture starts boiling, ensuring the sugar dissolves.
2. Leave the syrup to rest for five minutes, then strain afterwards.
3. Pour it into a large storage container and mix. You can keep it in the fridge and use it to flavour other drinks.