1. WHO ARE WE?
This website (“Site”) is operated by Soho House UK Limited a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 02864389 and our registered address is 72-74 Dean Street, London W1D 35G (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly).
By using our Site or submitting your personal data you are taken to accept the terms of this Policy, so please read it carefully.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following personal data about you:
• The personal details you provide (such as name, address, e-mail address; business address and phone number) when submitting a membership application.
• Information about your debit/credit card and bank account information that we require for the purpose of recording and processing your membership application (and administering your membership). For further details please also refer to the section below headed PAYMENT INFORMATION.
• Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or that you provide to us when you visit one of our clubs or other premises.
• We may also receive other personal or private information about you that you choose to submit to this Site or any other websites we operate.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
• to acknowledge, confirm and deal with your membership application (and where necessary put you on our waiting list).
• where we are asked to deal with any enquiries or complaints you make.
• where you are a member, provide you with membership services and administer your membership account.
• we may provide you, or permit selected third party service providers (e.g. our on-premises gym providers) to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you as a member or membership applicant. If you are an existing member or customer of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (such as e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services that are similar to those which you previously purchased from us (or tried to purchase). If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have previously consented to this.
• to contact you in connection with user/customer/member surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response.
• to administer our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
• for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our Site secure.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
• we may make your personal data available to selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations (for example, card processing or payment services (see the section below headed PAYMENT INFORMATION) and credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud
• our IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) may need to have access to your personal information to provide IT support and enable us to provide membership services and other goods/services available on this Site or to members
• if we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our members or customers may be one of the transferred assets
• if we need to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or to enforce our General Terms & Conditions, membership rules or other applicable contract terms that you are subject to
• to protect us, our members or contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
6. PAYMENT INFORMATION
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make through this Site will be processed by our third party payment providers and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service providers using up to date industry standards. Please note that we do not ourselves directly process or store the debit/credit card data that you submit.
We may arrange that card or payment data you submit in support or a membership application or subscription is stored for the purpose of processing your application, initiating your membership and collecting your subscription fees if your initial application is successful (or if you are put on to a membership waiting list, please note that this data may be stored for later use to initiate your membership and subscription).
We may also store and use this card or payment information for the purpose of processing any future payments that you make as a member for additional goods and services. We will store this data in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable law and only for so long as legally permitted.
You may choose to opt-out of us holding your card or payment data although this means that you will need to re-supply us with card/payment details to initiate your membership subscription or for the purpose of making any future purchases.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) such as by our subcontractors in the United States who process your payment details and/or provide IT support services. In accordance with applicable law, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure that those subcontractors comply with appropriate security standards to protect the personal data that they handle.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or log-in which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our Site, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. We must not to share your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data that you submit to us against unauthorised/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage, although we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data that you provide to us online.
8. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Certain applicable data protection laws give you a right to receive information about the personal data we hold on you. You may also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes; or where the processing of your personal data is causing unwarranted damage or distress; or, ask us to delete or correct any personal data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or no longer relevant.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as described in the CONTACT section below. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.