Culture & Style
A warehouse-inspired playlist by RÜFÜS DU SOL
Soho House's latest opening, Soho Warehouse, in many ways reminds RÜFÜS DU SOL of home. 'Where we are from in Sydney, Australia, shady politicians and greedy developers tried to shut down the clubs to build apartments, and they did a pretty good job of it,' said the electronic trio, comprised of Tyrone Lindqvist, Jon George and James Hunt. 'The electronic music scene suffocated, but it didn’t die, it got pushed to the fringes of the city into warehouse spaces where it had began decades earlier.'
'DIY events popped up every Friday and Saturday,' they explained. 'Spaces designed for industry were transformed, people congregated and danced until sunrise. Massive respect to those who transform and co-opt warehouses into spaces for dancing and all that comes with it.'
It's such experiences that inform the trio's musical taste as well. Last month, they joined Vancouver House duo Bob Moses for RÜFÜS DU SOL's largest headlining show at Los Angeles State Historic Park, just minutes from Soho Warehouse.
Here, we tapped the trio for a playlist inspired by our very own industrial-era space. 'This is a collection of moody tunes in celebration of warehouse parties,' the trio said, who released their Solace Remixed album this fall. Listen to their Soho House playlist here, and find the full list of tracks below:
1. "Beneath The Veil" by Luke Alessi
2. "Eclipse" by Mind Against, Ae:ther
3. "Magna Terram" by Township Rebellion
4. "Aquarius" by ARTBAT
5. "Deja Vu [Luke Alessi Remix]" by Lastlings
6. "Collapsar [Original Mix]" by Several Definitions
7. "Hysteria" by Teho, Ceas, Aalson
8. "All I've Got [Mathame Remix]" by RÜFÜS DU SOL
9. "Endeavor" by Ae:ther
10. "Impact" by Jiggler
11. "Quark" by Enamour and Rinzen
12. "Resolve" by Colyn
13. "Coalescence" by Strinner
14. "Listen To Me [Cassian Remix]" by Bob Moses
15. "Notte Senza Fine [Kiasmos Remix]" by Tale of Us