The Houses are designed for adults, but they are child-friendly. Please be considerate of other members when you bring children, who are part of your guest allowance, and ask each House about its rules, since they vary.
PROPOSING NEW MEMBERS
Members are welcome to propose new applicants to join the club. Application forms are available at Reception or at sohohouse.com. The Membership Committees meet quarterly and admit new members when space is available.
Members who join the club while under 27 enjoy the benefits of a 50% discount on the membership fee until their 30th birthday, alongside other reductions and events. All details can be found on House Seven.
CANCELLING YOUR MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
By submitting your application for membership, you agreed to be bound by these rules. You are free to withdraw your application. Should you wish to do so, please contact our membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a cancellation form within the cooling-off period.
Membership renewals are not automatic and are reviewed by a Renewal Committee on an annual basis. Membership to the club is intended for persons in professions and services related to the creative industries and requires adherence to accepted standards of conduct and the rules of the club. The decision of the Renewal Committee is final and without appeal.
All Membership Cards must be handed to the Reception to gain entry. Any member who allows his or her card to be used by a non-member shall be expelled from the House.
Members are permitted up to three guests. A member’s guests may not enter the club without that member present. Members may not be separated from their guests within the House or allow their guests to remain in the House when they leave. Members are responsible for ensuring their guests follow all club rules and policies, and can face suspension or termination of membership if their guests violate those rules.
The Houses foster a non-corporate atmosphere. To preserve this casual environment, members should refrain from corporate entertaining and wearing overtly corporate attire at the House. Members are also responsible for ensuring their guests abide by this rule.
Please honour and respect the privacy of all private events occurring in the House and refrain from communicating any information about the event to third parties.
PRIVACY FOR MEMBERS/GUESTS
Members and their guests must not approach, disturb or solicit others with whom they are not personally acquainted. Doing so may lead to suspension or termination of membership.
To protect the relaxed atmosphere within the House, members may not take or make phone calls while in the club. Texting is permitted and calls may be made in designated areas. Please ensure that your guests adhere to our phone policy.
No cameras, video or recording devices may be used while in the House. Members are responsible for ensuring their guests also abide by this rule. The House reserves the right to take possession of and confiscate any camera, video or recording device and any photos, videos or other recorded images used or taken while on House premises.
Movies, videos, songs, internet calls and presentations must only be played through headphones and should not be audible to any other member or guest present.
The House has a strict no press policy. Members will be held accountable if they or their guests disclose or identify any other members or guests who are in the House in any press or social media including Facebook, Twitter and on personal blogs. Similarly, members and their guests must refrain from identifying or describing any private hire or member event occurring on House premises.
Soho House management and all staff members adhere to the strictest confidentiality standards and pledge to maintain all records and personal information concerning the members and their guests in the strictest confidence.
No member or guest of a member shall use, ingest, possess or distribute illegal drugs while on House premises. If any of the uses above prove true, the membership in question will be terminated.
All bills must be settled in full before leaving the House. There are no credit facilities. Members are responsible for their guests’ bills if they are
It is important for us to have your current details, plus a photograph, in our membership database. If your contact or payment details change please let the Membership Department know via House Seven.
Upon approval or renewal of your membership, your membership fees become payable immediately. By providing us with your card details, you accept and consent to your card being charged with membership fees upon your application being approved or renewed.
Membership is for a minimum of one year and renewable thereafter on an annual basis. If you have selected monthly [or quarterly] payment and choose to resign your membership [or your membership is cancelled] part way through the year, you will still need to pay for the remainder of the year.
Failure to pay the annual subscription (or any installment) within one month of the due date after being notified by management will result in the member not being admitted to the House and the membership being terminated.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Please refrain from bringing in any outside food or beverages, unless medically necessary.
We may at times close the House to members for private events.
LEAVING THE HOUSE
All members and their guests are asked to respect our nearby residents by being quiet when leaving the House premises or while in the surrounding area.
No animals will be allowed in the House except for assistance dogs.
Conduct that is prejudicial to the reputation and character of Soho House may result in suspension or expulsion. Such conduct may include violent or abusive behaviour, the communication of information concerning the club affairs or members or their guests in the club to the media. An expelled member may not return to the club as a guest. A refund of the expelled member’s subscription will be at the discretion of Soho House. Any member or members who willfully remove, damage or destroy any property belonging to the House or to members or to guests on the premises will be liable to expulsion. Every member binds him/herself to abide by the rules, bylaws and regulations of Soho House upon acceptance as a member. If the Proprietor considers that any member’s (or his or her guests’) conduct either inside or outside of the House premises is, at its his absolute discretion, contrary to the interests of the House or the Proprietor, the Proprietor may expel the member from the House premises and/or suspend or terminate that member’s membership.
The House is constituted to encourage non-political, social and recreational activities.
The House is a proprietary private membership restaurant and club and the Proprietor is Soho House, 72-74 Dean Street, London, W1D 3SG (Pproprietor). The Proprietor reserves the right to charge members a joining fee, an annual subscription fee and for admission to the House premises from time to time. The right to amend or waive any such fees or subscriptions shall be in the Proprietor’s sole discretion. No reason will be given for refusal of an application at any stage.
Any member wishing to resign his/her membership may do so. Refunds will be at the discretion of the management.
RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERSHIP
A member shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges of the House and shall be bound by these rules but shall have no proprietary rights in any of the premises or in respect of property of the House.
All members and their guests are obligated to abide by the House’s smoking policy then in effect and to all applicable no-smoking governmental laws, rules and regulations. No smoking is allowed inside the House at any time. The Proprietor reserves the right to prohibit or limit smoking in any area of the House premises at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. The Proprietor reserves the right to designate certain designated outside areas of the House premises as smoking areas and to change the location of such designated areas at any time. Notwithstanding, all members and their guest are requested to respect the wishes of other members and their guests with respect to smoking and to refrain from smoking when requested to do so by another member.
SOHO HOUSE TRADE MARK RIGHTS
All members and their guests shall not use the names, logos, colours, trade marks, service marks, photographs, trade dress, or other identifying features of Soho House (the “Soho House Marks”) without obtaining the specific prior written approval of Tthe Proprietor as to the specific use.
You hereby expressly recognise that the Soho House Marks are the valid, unique and exclusive property of Soho House, its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries. Members and their guests may not produce or create, or authorise others to produce or create, the Soho House Marks for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, in any communications, marketing, advertising or other promotional materials (including, but not limited to, brochures, flyers, invitations, e-mail messages, etc.) that utilize the Soho House Marks without the Proprietor’s prior written consent.
LIABILITY OF THE PROPRIETOR
The Proprietor, its servants, and/or agents shall not be liable to any member or guest of a member for any loss damage or injury suffered by them or their property how so ever caused, save in respect of death or personal injury to a member or guest caused by the negligence of the Proprietor, its servants and/or agents. This is not intended to affect any mandatory rights you have under local law that we cannot legally restrict or exclude.
INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES
In the event of any dispute arising as to the meaning or interpretation of these rules, the matter shall be referred to the Committee, whose decision shall be final.
These rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
AMENDMENTS TO THE RULES OF THE CLUB
The Proprietor may change the rules of the club by displaying notification of the change on the club’s premises for a period of 7 days. A copy of these rules will be made available to all members upon reasonable notice.
SOHO FARMHOUSE NOTICE
We want all our guests to relax and enjoy the activities and facilities available at the Soho Farmhouse in safety. We have to let you know that the Farmhouse is set in open country with lakes and other natural features that can be hazardous. Guests agree to observe the rules and any signs published or displayed at the Farmhouse, only swim in designated areas and to take reasonable precautions when travelling around the grounds or using the facilities. The Proprietor is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage howsoever caused, except where any such loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence the Proprietor, its employees or agents.
Last updated 22.05.2015
BY USING OUR SITE YOU CONSENT TO US USING COOKIES AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, or other device when you access a website. Pixels, also known as web beacons or web bugs, are small blocks of code on webpages and in emails that do things like allow another computer server to measure viewing of a webpage. These are often are used in conjunction with Cookies. Cookies enable our computer servers to collect information from your computer or device about how you interact with our Site. You can find more background information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies will never be used by us to collect your sensitive personal data or financial details, such as credit card information. You can disable Cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer; Safari; Chrome; Firefox or Opera) although this may affect your ability to fully utilise our Site.
• Authentication: to recognise you if you are signed in to our Site.
• Performance: Some Cookies may collect information about user visits to our Site, for example which web pages visitors use most often. We might also use these performance Cookies to highlight services which we think will be of interest to you based on your previous use of our Site [To help us monitor visitor traffic to our website and understand how our Site is used, we have enabled a third party software tool ‘Google Analytics’ to collect data about our Site traffic. Visitors have the ability to opt-out of Google Analytics features we use. For more information please click here. Performance cookies like these do not routinely collect information that personally identifies a visitor by name so the impact on your personal privacy should be minimal.
• Functionality: Some Cookies allow our Site to remember information from your previous visits, such as contact details you previously submitted. For example, when you complete an online form (such as when you register for a service) we will use a cookie which (if you agree) will help remember your details if you use the same computer to complete another form on our Site without you having to re-enter them. These Cookies may also be used to provide information you request such as publications or newsletters.
4. STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
Some Cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate our Site or to enable you to receive a particular service you have requested. Such Cookies are regarded as ‘strictly necessary’ and we do not need to ask your permission to use them.
5. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Our Site may also allow third parties to download Cookies to your device. For example if you choose to ‘share’ content from our Site with friends through a third party site such as Facebook or another social network, you may be sent Cookies from these third party service providers over which we have no control. If you choose to share such content, you should check the relevant third party services provider’s terms/policies for more information about cookies that they use.
1. WHO ARE WE?
This website (“Site”) is operated by Soho House UK Limited a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 02864389 and our registered address is 72-74 Dean Street, London W1D 35G (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly).
By using our Site or submitting your personal data you are taken to accept the terms of this Policy, so please read it carefully.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following personal data about you:
• The personal details you provide (such as name, address, e-mail address; business address and phone number) when submitting a membership application.
• Information about your debit/credit card and bank account information that we require for the purpose of recording and processing your membership application (and administering your membership). For further details please also refer to the section below headed PAYMENT INFORMATION.
• Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or that you provide to us when you visit one of our clubs or other premises.
• We may also receive other personal or private information about you that you choose to submit to this Site or any other websites we operate.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
• to acknowledge, confirm and deal with your membership application (and where necessary put you on our waiting list).
• where we are asked to deal with any enquiries or complaints you make.
• where you are a member, provide you with membership services and administer your membership account.
• we may provide you, or permit selected third party service providers (e.g. our on-premises gym providers) to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you as a member or membership applicant. If you are an existing member or customer of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (such as e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services that are similar to those which you previously purchased from us (or tried to purchase). If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have previously consented to this.
• to contact you in connection with user/customer/member surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response.
• to administer our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
• for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our Site secure.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
• we may make your personal data available to selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations (for example, card processing or payment services (see the section below headed PAYMENT INFORMATION) and credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud
• our IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) may need to have access to your personal information to provide IT support and enable us to provide membership services and other goods/services available on this Site or to members
• if we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our members or customers may be one of the transferred assets
• if we need to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or to enforce our General Terms & Conditions, membership rules or other applicable contract terms that you are subject to
• to protect us, our members or contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
6. PAYMENT INFORMATION
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make through this Site will be processed by our third party payment provider, who is currently Braintree, a division of PayPal (see https://www.braintreepayments.com/about ) and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service provider using up to date industry standards. Please note that we do not ourselves directly process or store the debit/credit card data that you submit.
We may arrange that card or payment data you submit in support or a membership application or subscription is stored for the purpose of processing your application, initiating your membership and collecting your subscription fees if your initial application is successful (or if you are put on to a membership waiting list, please note that this data may be stored for later use to initiate your membership and subscription).
We may also store and use this card or payment information for the purpose of processing any future payments that you make as a member for additional goods and services. We will store this data in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable law and only for so long as legally permitted.
You may choose to opt-out of us holding your card or payment data although this means that you will need to re-supply us with card/payment details to initiate your membership subscription or for the purpose of making any future purchases.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) such as by our subcontractors in the United States who process your payment details and/or provide IT support services. In accordance with applicable law, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure that those subcontractors comply with appropriate security standards to protect the personal data that they handle.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or log-in which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our Site, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. We must not to share your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data that you submit to us against unauthorised/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage, although we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data that you provide to us online.
8. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Certain applicable data protection laws give you a right to receive information about the personal data we hold on you. You may also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes; or where the processing of your personal data is causing unwarranted damage or distress; or, ask us to delete or correct any personal data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or no longer relevant.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as described in the CONTACT section below. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.